Non-surgical eyelid correction
About the procedure
Non-surgical eyelid correction is a new and innovative laser procedure that reduces the “heaviness” of the eyelids without using a knife. During the procedure, a variety of lasers are used to improve skin quality and reduce skin volume.
The procedure is ideal for younger patients who are bothered by the first signs of eyelid heaviness but do not wish to have the surgery yet, or if the surgeon advises to wait with the surgery. The procedure is also suitable for patients who have already had more severe eyelid drooping and have ruled out surgery.
Am I a suitable candidate?
- You’ve got heavy upper eyelids
- Lower eyelid wrinkles
- Don’t want a surgery or too little drooping for a surgery
- A young patient
Before the procedure
- Cleanse and moisturise your skin so that it is well toned when you come in for the procedure.
- Come to the procedure without make-up
- Use sunscreens with at least 30 SPF and UVA every day to slow down the ageing process.
- Your skin must not be tanned.
- Depending on the type of skin, 2-4 weeks should have passed since the last tanning session.
- Please note that self-tanning creams should not be used before and after the procedure.
During the procedure
- Procedure lasts 30 minutes
- We use a numbing cream before the procedure.
- You can go straight home after the procedure, you don’t need to stay in our private clinic.
- After the procedure, there may be swelling, redness and flaking of the eyelids for 1-3 days.
- Your doctor will give you advice on how to care for your skin and reduce swelling.
Where to start?
If you’re interested in non-surgical eyelid correction, come and consult a doctor first. You will be seen by Dr Bret Kaldvee and Dr Pille Kirjanen, both of whom have many years of experience, and you will be able to share your wishes, concerns and expectations during your appointment, while the doctor will be able to draw on his or her experience to find the best solution for you.
Our doctors are members of the International Society of Plastic Surgery ISAPS, communicate in Estonian, Russian, English and Finnish and treat your body as a whole, always wishing you the best!