About the procedure
A clear complexion is something many people want, but flawless skin can be difficult to achieve with even the most meticulous skincare regime. As we age, the unevenness of facial skin is compounded by a decline in skin quality. Photorejuvenation using IPL technology can help to reduce some of the most common skin problems, such as pigmentation, broken capillaries, signs of ageing and sun damage. Photorejuvenation is a minimally invasive skin procedure that uses a unique technique called intense pulsed light therapy to relieve skin problems. IPL photorejuvenation is a popular skin treatment due to its very short recovery time and few side effects.
Am I a suitable candidate?
- You have uneven pigmentation on your face, neck, décolleté or hands.
- Superficial wrinkles
- Post-inflammatory redness or pigmentation resulting from acne
- Signs of facial skin ageing
- Redness of the facial skin
- Enlarged pores
Before the procedure
- Cleanse and moisturise your skin so that it is well toned when you come in for the procedure.
- Come to the procedure without make-up
- Use sunscreens with at least 30 SPF and UVA every day to slow down the ageing process.
- Your skin must not be tanned.
- Depending on the type of skin, 2-4 weeks should have passed since the last tanning session.
- Please note that self-tanning creams should not be used before and after the procedure.
During the procedure
- The IPL photofacial procedure takes 20 minutes
- The procedure does not require anaesthesia
- You can go straight home after the procedure, you don’t need to stay in our private clinic.
- Your skin may be slightly swollen and red after the IPL treatment. Your doctor will give you advice on how to care for your skin and reduce swelling.
- Avoid saunas, swimming pools and sunbathing for two weeks after the procedure.
- The longevity of the results of photofacial rejuvenation will depend largely on the type of skin problem that prompted you to opt for this procedure, as well as the size of the area or number of areas you want to improve.
Where to start?
If you’re interested in IPL photorejuvenation treatment, come and consult a doctor first. You will be seen by Dr Bret Kaldvee and Dr Pille Kirjanen, both of whom have many years of experience, and you will be able to share your wishes, concerns and expectations during your appointment, while the doctor will be able to draw on his or her experience to find the best solution for you.
Our doctors are members of the International Society of Plastic Surgery ISAPS, communicate in Estonian, Russian, English and Finnish and treat your body as a whole, always wishing you the best!