Breast Lift or Mastopexy
Slightly sunken or sagging breasts are the consequences of aging, major weight loss and breastfeeding, which will not boost anyone’s confidence. Breasts tend to sag due to gravity, skin changes, and changes in the breast tissue.
Reasons why one might want to undertake the procedure:
- Breasts have lost fat tissue and firmness with age and start sagging.
- Sagging breasts after weight loss or breastfeeding.
- In some cases, breasts can be originally asymmetrical. It can be that one breast is positioned lower than the other.
- Women want to see their body as more proportional and beautiful.
- Increase your confidence and enjoy the new and improved you!
Where to start?
Come and get in touch with an experienced doctor who can help you find the right solution. We examine your state of health and find the best way to relocate tissue and the location of the cuts. If you wish, you can combine breast lift with breast augmentation.
Our doctors are fluent in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish. They are members of the International Plastic Surgery Association ISAPS. Your body is treated as a whole. See: Consultation
Come in prepared:
- Clean and moisturize your skin. The skin must be clean when you come for the surgery.
- Do the research. What are your expectations? Look at “before-after” pictures
- The need for blood tests and mammography or ultrasound is assessed individually for each patient.
- Before the surgery, the doctor will draw the cut-off points for your skin, tell you about the operation and its outcome
- The operation is carried out with general anesthesia and lasts for 2-3 hours.
- After surgery, spend a night in our cozy hospital under the care of friendly staff.
- The day after the surgery, the doctor will examine you and give you recommendations for wound care and lower swelling. The threads are removed after 10-14 days.
- For recovery, it’s recommended to take 1-2 weeks long sick leave.
- Sports activities are allowed 4-6 weeks after surgery.