Botox (botulinum toxin) injections
About the procedure
In aesthetic medicine, botulinum toxin is the first choice for the prevention and treatment of mimic lines: the muscle causing the wrinkle is relaxed by the injection so that the skin above it becomes smooth. As a result, wrinkles either do not form, begin to soften little by little or even disappear. Another option for wrinkle treatment is filler injections, which is intended for filling the existing wrinkles and for modelling the facial features.
Botulinum toxin injections are the most popular way to smooth wrinkles in the world, with an effect lasting an average of 4-6 months. Botulinum is a great solution to many different problems, for example, botulinum therapy helps against excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), and this service is also provided in our clinic.
Botulinum injections also help against hyperhidrosis, and this effective method is used against hyperhidrosis of the hands, feet, underarms and scalp. However, as this is a medicine, botulinum toxin injections are only given by doctors at the Plastic Surgery Center.
With us, you can inject botulinum toxin into these wrinkles, among others:
- Mimic lines on the forehead
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Wrinkles around the lips
- Drooping mouth corners
- Horizontal wrinkles on the nose (so-called “bunny lines”)
- Rough chin
- Treatment of vertical wrinkles on the neck (so-called “turkey neck”)
Am I a suitable candidate?
- You want to get rid of unpleasant wrinkles and creases
- You quickly want a brighter, healthier and more youthful look
- You are aware of the possible side effects
- You value your appearance and want to look beautiful regardless of age
- You value high quality service, a professional doctor and great skills
- You are not breast-feeding, you are not pregnant, you do not have the Herpes Simplex virus, you do not have a disease with fever, you do not have an infection in the place where the injection is going to be made, and you are more than 18 years old.
Possible side effects:
- Redness, swelling, tenderness, itching of the skin
- Unevenness of the skin
- Feeling heavy at the place of the injection
- Risk of infection
- Spots or discolouration of the skin at the place of the injection
Possible side effects usually disappear after 24 hours.
Before the procedure
- Clean and moisturize your skin so that it is well toned when you come to the procedure
- Come to the procedure with clean skin, do not use decorative make-up
- If you have previously had a beauty injection, it is important for your doctor to know the name of the medicine that was used
During the procedure
The botulinum toxin injection procedure takes about 30-60 minutes, depending on the place
- After the procedure, you can go home immediately, you do not have to stay in our private clinic for a longer period of time
- After the procedure, the skin may be slightly red, swollen or painful, it usually disappears within 24 hours. Your doctor will advise you on skin care.
- You can start with lighter training after 2-3 days. For more intensive training, consult the doctor performing the procedure.
- You do not need to take sick leave for beauty injections.
- Avoid facial massage for at least 2 weeks after the therapy.
- Avoid sauna, UV radiation, very low temperatures for at least 2 weeks.
- After botulinum therapy, the first result is seen 3-5 days later.
- The final result lasts for 4-6 months and can be seen after 2 weeks.
- Results last about 4-6 months.
Where to start?
If you are interested in botulinum toxin injections, see a doctor for a consultation. During the meeting, you can share your wishes, concerns and expectations, and the doctor, based on his/her experience, can find the most suitable solution for you.
During the consultation, we will assess your health condition, find the best method for the procedure, explain any possible complications, and if you are suitable for the procedure, we can immediately perform the botulinum therapy or book an appointment.
Price list for botulinum toxin injections
Prices starting from the sum indicated in the price list. The exact cost will be determined during the consultation.