Thighplasty is a useful procedure for contouring and tightening the skin of the inner thigh. It can help make the thigh area more aesthetically appealing and proportionate to the buttocks and body. The procedure can be performed with other cosmetic procedures to achieve an overall enhanced appearance.
Reasons why one might want to undertake the thigh lift procedure:
- Excess skin after weight changes or ageing in the inner thigh area
- Tissue laxity following massive weight loss
- Fat depositing combined with skin laxity
- Poor quality of the skin, strechmarks
- Wish to have more contured and proportionate thighs
Where to start?
The Consultation Come and get in touch with an experienced doctor who can help you find the right solution. We examine your state of health and find the best way to address the existing problem(s) (if needed, we can combine the skin removal procedure with liposuction) and location for the cuts.
Our doctors are fluent in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish. They are members of the International Plastic Surgery Association ISAPS
Your body is treated as a whole.
Come in prepared:
- Do the research. What are your expectations? See Before-After Photos
- We need to check Your blood tests before the surgery, for those over 50 years old, also ECG (electrocardiogram) is needed
- To achieve the best result, Your body weight has to be stable before the surgery
- Before the surgery, the doctor will draw the cut-off points for your skin, an incision will be made in your groin area, depending on your needs, the incision may extend down and around the back of your thigh. The doctor will also tell you about the operation and its outcome.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts for 1,5-2,5 hours.
- After the surgery, spend a night in our cozy hospital under the care of our friendly staff.
- The day after the surgery, the doctor will examine You and give You recommendations for wound care and to lower swelling. The sticthes are removed after 10-14 days.
- To get the best result and also to avoid complications, using compression garments is advised
- For recovery, it’s recommended to take 1-1,5 weeks long sick leave.
- Light sports activities are allowed 1,5-2 and full activity 3-5 weeks after the surgery.
- The full recovery takes about 6 months