Flat and shaped abdomen is a wish for many women and men. And while we can reduce thickness of our subcutaneous fat or train the muscles. Unfortunately, there´s no good possibilities to address the sagging skin or muscle diastasis (the condition when the muscles are apart from each other) without surgery.
Reasons why one might want to undertake the procedure:
- Excess skin anter weight changes or preagnancies
- Tissue laxity following massive weight loss
- Fat depositing in lower abdomen
- Weakened or separated abdominal rectus muscles
- Poor quality of the skin, stretchmarks on lower abdomen
Where to start?
The Consultation Come and get in touch with an experienced doctor who can help you find the right solution.We examine your state of health and find the best way to address the existing problem(s) (like muscle diastasis, umbilical hernia etc) and location for the cuts.
Our doctors are fluent in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish. They are members of the International Plastic Surgery Association ISAPS
Your body is treated as a whole.
Come in prepared:
- Do the research. What are your expectations? See Before and after photos
- We need to check Your blood tests before the surgery, for those over 50 years old, also ECG (electrocardiogram) is needed
- To achieve the best result, your body weight has to be stable before the surgery
- Before the surgery, the doctor will draw the cut-off points for your skin, tell you about the operation and its outcome.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts for 2-3 hours.
- After the surgery, spend a night (or two sometimes) in our cozy hospital under the care of our friendly staff.
- The day after the surgery, the doctor will examine You and give you recommendations for wound care and to lower swelling. The sticthes are removed after 10-14 days.
- To get the best result and also to avoid complications, using compression garments is advised
- For recovery, it’s recommended to take 1-2 weeks long sick leave.
- Sports activities are allowed 4-6 weeks after surgery.
- The end result is seen after 6 months